Dear winners and participants of the Shakhmardan Yessenov Foundation programs! In view of the global coronavirus pandemic and different governmental bans that implemented in Kazakhstan, we inform you about the following decisions of the foundation’s management.
- All Research internships and internships in IT startups in USA (19 winners), scheduled for this summer, are postponed to a later period until the summer of 2021. In each case, the decision on the dates of the internship will be made jointly with you and individually, taking into account the response of the host party and the changing policy on coronavirus in the host countries and Kazakhstan.
- The final of the scholarship program (40 pretenders) is completely reformatted and will be held by our specialists online on March 30-31 and April 1-2 with each of the applicants for the Yessenov scholarship individually. All finalists are already informed about this by email.
- YDL (25 grants) Summer School is NOT canceled at the moment – March 15 deadline for applications.
- Guest lectures with leading experts in their fields “Yessenov lectures” in leading universities in Almaty and Astana are canceled for the duration of the government ban.
- The English language program (90 students, 38 teachers, 37 undergraduates and doctoral students) will continue at the Karaganda Medical University in accordance with the transfer of full-time study at the university online. At present, our partners Bonas McFarlane Kazakhstan and university management are discussing the logistics of the process.
- Find Your Way (up to 400 participants) senior pupil`s conference, scheduled for March 14, has already been canceled earlier.
We will inform you of all the changes in our decisions that will be caused by the changing situation with coronavirus in the world and in the country, on our pages in social networks: Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram. Check for updates, stay in touch with the coordinators of your programs.
In conclusion, we would like to ask you to remember that the most important thing in any situation is to remain calm. Being armed with calmness, a person can do much within the scope of his abilities. Please do not forget about this, as well as to observe the fundamentals of hygiene.
Seen by: 2,500