Initiator, settler and founder of the Shakhmardan Yessenov Science and Education Foundation, who continues the work of the outstanding Kazakh scientist and political figure, Academician of the Kazakh SSR Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences.
Kazakh businessman, a major shareholder of Jýsan Bank.
He graduated from the Academy of Economics and Management of the Eurasian Institute of Market with a degree in Economics and Management, Kazakh Humanities and Law Institute with a degree in Law and the Executive MBA programme of The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
• Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of the “Courage to Be First!” Corporate foundation, known as the organiser of the region’s biggest mass sport event, the Almaty Marathon.
• Co-founder and member of the Board of Trustees of “Almaty Triathlon Federation” social association.
• Vice President of Kazakhstan Triathlon Federation (from 07.10.2017 to 08.07.2022), Chair of the “Almaty Triathlon Federation” social association (from 07.11.2017 to 01.07.2022), President of Central Asian Triathlon Association (from 03.03.2019 to 04.07.2022), ASTC Executive Board Member (since 19.06.2019).
• President of the Kazakhstan Chess Federation (from 04.07.2015 to 31.01.2020).
• President of the “Association of United MMA Federations of Kazakhstan” and “Kazakh National Public Union of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Federation” (from 24.12.2018 to 01.03.2020), member of IMMAF-WMMAA Executive board (from 04.07.2019 to 11.04.2019) .
• Recipient of the Order of “Qurmet” (2018).
Galimzhan Yessenov is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Public Foundation “ANA UYI” (Mother’s House) and has been financing the Foundation since 2014. Public Foundation “ANA UYI” – charitable. It has been carrying out its activities in order to prevent social orphanhood and reduce the number of children placed in orphanages since 2013. The Fund is taking concrete actions to reduce social orphanhood in the country. And most importantly, it allows a child left without parental care to exercise his right to live and be brought up in a family.