The Yessenov Data Lab is an 8-week long intensive summer school program that fast tracks its participants into a Data Science career, and provides a unique opportunity to solve real-life business challenges. Upon the completion of this program, participants will receive a Data Scientist certificate.
Dates of the school: Jun 10 – Aug 2, 2018.Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Cohort: 25 participants. Venue: AlmaU, Almaty
The graduates of the summer school will be acquiring the following skills:
- Programming in Python within data analysis
- Visualization of data and finding data dependency
- Forecasting on the basis of historical data
- Understanding different algorithms of training
- Right choice of model of training
- Fundamental understanding of functioning of neural networks
Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan (over 18), students (undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D.) or practicing specialists with strong analytical skills and basic knowledge in linear algebra and statistics
Requirements to candidates:
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and linear algebra
- The following is a plus:
- Programming skills;
- Knowledge of source control (git/svn/…), command line/ssh, testing, developer methodologies (Agile/spiral/…), cloud familiarity (AWS/Azure/…);
- Certificates of successful completion of programming courses or a bachelor diploma in Science in CS or other tech discipline (math, physics, and engineering);
- Upper intermediate English (6.5 IELTS or 90 TOEFL ibt or other way to show fluency).
Number of grants: 25. The language of training is Russian, with the occasional usage of technical English.
Participation in the Program is free of charge for all winners of the Program.
The participants residing outside of Almaty will be provided with financial sponsorship that covers a two-way domestic flight to Almaty, accommodation and daily meals (on ground or a cash equivalent of the listed expenses) for the period of the Program.
- A copy of the candidate’s national ID;
- A copy of the candidate’s diplomas, certificates on completion of courses (programming, statistics, etc.), participation in Olympiads (math, IT or any other tech disciplines);
- A copy of the candidate’s transcript (all completed semesters) and a copy of Bachelor degree diploma with transcript (for graduates and specialists);
- An essay on the following topic “I want to study data analysis to…” (more than 7 sentences and less than 2 pages);
- A detailed portfolio demonstrating the candidate’s achievements in the IT field (if possible);
- Link to a public repository (GitHub – for example) of a project, in which the candidate’s contribution was more than 50%;
- A copy of certificates demonstrating the candidate’s good command of the English language (if possible).
Application call is open from March 4 to March 31, 2019.
Application and all the required documents must be sent to the Foundation’s e-mail: email@example.com.
Seen by: 10,792